Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lady Gardens

Lady Gardens is a zine that is the result of my research and polling about female pubic hair maintenance, a response to what felt like an assumption that a bush was reserved only for gnarly women. It is heavily illustrated and contains both scholarly research and more candid commentary from females.” - http://suckmyleftone.tumblr.com/

This is such a great, fun, interesting idea for a zine! And I am so getting one for myself and an extra one to mail to Rush Limbaugh.

The issue of female pubic hair maintenance caused so much consternation in my family last year, when my little sister decided to stop shaving her armpits, that I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about it. My older female relatives were completely squicked out - I tended towards a more neutral position because, deep down, I totally admired her for it. And I began to think a lot about why a hairy armpit on a woman was so utterly revolting, particularly to other women. So anyway, this should be a good zine to read.